What's in this Guide?
This guide provides access to a number of resources that should assist you as you research and prepare your final project.
- Types of Maps, explains different types of maps held in the Maps Collection.
- Finding Maps, suggests ways to find maps in the UNC Library, and on digital sites.
- Other Resources, points to tools to help you manage your research.
Guides and Handbooks
The three books below are helpful introductions to different types of maps and how to read and interpret them.
- Map Use: Reading, Analysis, and Interpretation Davis Library, GA105.3 .M83 2011. 7th ed.
- Map Librarianship: An Introduction Online, and SILS Library, Z692.M3 L37 1998. Good discussion of different types of maps.
- On the Map: A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks. Davis Library, GA203 .G37 2013