1. "F" Browser Extension: once browser extension has been installed, this icon will appear. If you use more than one browser, you'll have to install the extension for each separately.
2. Tools menu: Install browser extension, Word plugin, Google docs add-on, and Manuscripts.com iOS app (Mac only).
3. Help Guide: click for online help and overview videos.
4. Your Profile button: use to share (invite others to try F1000), turn on hints (great for beginners), change notification and account settings, logout.
5. Import references: In addition to using the browser extension and desktop app, F1000 gives you several additional options for importing references. Use this button to import references from
6. View all saved references.
7. Options to perform on selected or all references:
8. Shared project members: add or delete members; see emails.
9. List of Private projects.
10. Options to access an article. You may open as a pdf (if downloaded), full text, or via institutional access (= Find @ UNC); access notes made on a project (not shown in this example).
11. List of Shared projects.
12. Indicates recent activity (in this example, in a shared project).
13. F1000 desktop application.
14. F1000 Support team chat help: Response time is within 24 hours (use #3 Help button for online help any time).
1. Download the F1000 desktop application from import references.
2. To use the Desktop app: