System Requirements (Bates)
- Audio speakers or headphones
Macs will try to open the file using QuickTime. However, you will receive an error message that "This is not a movie file."
- Safari and Mozilla Firefox should open the videos automatically
- If you are using Chrome or this doesn't happen, you can use one of two pieces of software
- VLC media player
- VLC is free.
- Download and install VLC media player. It is available from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- Follow these steps:
1. Copy the link URL of the video you are interested in viewing
2. Open the VLC media player and from the File menu, select Open Network
3. In the Open Network dialog box, paste in the URL of the video you wish to view and click Open.
Limits and Restrictions
There is a limit of 10 simultaneous users; if you have problems try connecting again later.
Off-campus access: You must authenticate through our proxy server with an active Onyen/AHEC account.