Access Micromedex Drug Essentials on your mobile device using one of these two options:
- Web Browser – The most comprehensive option (recommended for pharmacy students) includes all add on tools, references, and drug images. Requires a web connection.
- Drug Essentials App – Includes drug summary information but not add on tools and references. Can be used offline.
Initial Use and Authentication Instructions:
You will need a password to download or update Micromedex, which you can get one of two ways:
- Contact the Library using your UNC email address and request it.
- Go to the Micromedex website while on campus.
- Click the "Download Center" link at the lower right hand side of the screen.
- Follow the relevant directions for your device. The required passwords will be listed within the instructions.
- You will need to update the password when the publisher posts a new one once per quarter.
- Note: Our subscription only gives access to the Drug Essentials module app.
- If you would like to also have any of the many additional Micromedex module apps, you may pay for a year of access to each app through the relevant app store.