There is a known problem with the Find@UNC button on Google Scholar until Thursday, November 27th. See workaround
Sarah Towner Wright, MLS, Users Services Librarian: Sarah Wright
Currently Temporary, Part-Time User Services Librarian, Health Sciences Library
Sarah's interest in clinical librarianship began during a position at George Washington University as the Hospital Liaison Librarian. From 1996 until 2002, Sarah served as the Director of the Library, Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington Virginia. In this position, she was the manager of a one-person hospital library serving the needs of over 300 physicians. From 2002-2013, she served as the Manager of the London-Lynch Learning Center, Department of Pediatrics at UNC-CH. This role allowed her to continue as a clinical librarian, embedded in an academic clinical department. Sarah assisted physicians, residents, and medical students with clinical searches, web services, education, and managed the residency evaluation, procedures, and duty hours integrated system. Currently Sarah is a User Services Librarian at HSL 20 hours a week.
MLS, University of Pittsburgh
BA, French Education and Music Performance, University of Richmond
2e Degree, Universite de Strasbourg, France
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Sheffield RC, Crawford P, Wright ST, King VJ. What is the best treatment for cradle cap? J Fam Pract. 2007 Mar;56(3):232-3.
- Crotteau CA, Wright ST, Eglash A. Clinical inquiries. What is the best treatment for infants with colic? J Fam Pract. 2006 Jul;55(7):634-6.
- McPherson V, Wright ST, Bell AD. Clinical inquiries. What is the best treatment for gastroesophageal reflux and vomiting in infants? J Fam Pract. 2005 Apr;54(4):372-5.
- Zafar AB, Butler RC, Wright ST, Draghi E. Primary bacteremia and needleless safety devices. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1999 Jan;20(1):15. 5.
- Zafar AB, Wright S. In-house versus contract management of environmental services: a matter of cost and quality. Am J Infect Control. 1998 Oct;26(5):539-40.
- “A Novel Approach to Pediatric Resident Education is Associated with Higher In-training Exam Scores” Poster Session presented at the Medical Library Association Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, May 2007.
- "Developing an Educational and Administrative Web Site for a Pediatrics Department” Poster Session presented at the Medical Library Association Meeting, Washington, DC, May 2004.
- "A New Fish in the Sea: A Clinical Librarian in a Pediatrics Department” Poster Session presented at the Medical Library Association Meeting, San Diego, California, May 2003.
- "MLA Benchmarking Initiative" Poster Session presented at the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Roanoke, VA, October 2000.
- "A New Approach to Information Literacy Training for Residents” Poster Session presented at the Medical Library Association’s Annual Conference, Kansas City, KS, June 1996.
- "At the Crossroads of a Medical Center’s Information Needs” Poster Session presented at the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Richmond, VA, October 1996.
- “Gopher: Internet Travel Made Easy”, MLA Course, New Perspectives 518, half-day course presented at MLA Annual Meeting, San Antonio Texas, May 18, 1994 and on May 8, 1995 at the Annual Meeting in Washington, DC. Also taught at ANCHASL meeting in October, 1996.
I work part-time at the Health Sciences Library as a User Services Librarian.
I am at the library on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday, and can be reached by email.
Available by appointment for both online and in-person consultations. Email me to schedule a meeting time.