There is a known problem with the Find@UNC button on Google Scholar until Thursday, November 27th. See workaround
Global Health: How HSL can help
Offsite access to UNC libraries
Are you UNC-CH faculty, students or staff? Access to electronic library resources is available wherever you have access to the Internet.
Remember, always use links on HSL web pages so you will be prompted to enter your Onyen / Password authentication.
UNC Research Partners
Health Sciences Library electronic resources may be available through the AHEC Digital Library for:
- people who are paid through a UNC research project in international settings
- people who are preceptors for UNC students.
Contact us for more information.
Examples of successful projects
Why bring a librarian along?
HSL librarians have partnered with UNC research projects, providing valuable support to global research teams in Malawi and Uganda.
Here are some ways HSL librarians have contributed to the success of the UNC research projects:
- Development of onsite medical library in Lilongwe, Malawi;
- Conducting technology needs assessment at Mulago Hospital in Kampala, Uganda;
- HINARI training for pediatric residents at the Albert Cook Medical Library;
- Giving real-time clinical information support.
Want to talk about a travel partnership? Get in touch.
Partner with HSL librarians
HSL Librarians offer a range of services to faculty researchers whether they're here at UNC or conducting research in the field.
- Build information resource guides for your projects. (E.g. UNC Project-Malawi guide)
- Support videoconferencing for education, training, or communication via HSL's Collaboration Center.
- Provide research support. (E.g. Support of Dr. Benny Joyner)
In the field:
- Travel with UNC teams on overseas research trips.
- Give real-time clinical information support.
- Access multi-language patient information materials via Medline Plus
Want to collaborate on a project? Tell us more!
Can the HSL support the information needs at my site?
Do researchers at your overseas site have access to print and electronic clinical information necessary for their work? Maybe an existing library needs assistance building collections or training staff?
UNC HSL librarians have experience supporting UNC researchers and medical libraries overseas. Read about our support of the UNC Project-Malawi medical library.
Let's discuss options for supporting the information needs at your project site!