Through our subscription to the Web of Science database, UNC affiliates can create a free account on Endnote Online.* This will allow you to take advantage of some, although not all, of the basic functionality of Endnote without buying the desktop version. This page will show you how to do it.
*The difference between the version of Endnote Online that you can get through our Web of Science subscription and Endnote Basic, which is free to everyone, is that Endnote Online gives you access to more citation styles and allows you to keep more databases as "favorites" in your account. Otherwise the two are similar.
1. Navigate to Web of Science, and click on the Endnote link at the top of the screen.
2. You will see a pop-up which will ask you to sign in. Click on the link that says Register, below the sign-in fields.
3. Follow the prompts to create your account.
4. When you have created your account, you will see a pop-up telling you that you are signed into Web of Science. Do not worry--you have not done anything wrong. Click OK, and you will see another pop-up with the Endnote End User License Agreement.
5. Click I agree, and you will be taken to the Endnote Basic homescreen. Congratulations, you now have an Endnote account!