Clinical Key Guide
Why Use ClinicalKey?
The Health Sciences Library provides access to ClinicalKey. Upgraded and expanded from MD Consult, this Point of Care research and "clinical insight engine" contains:
- thousands of Elsevier's medical books, textbooks and very current journals
- Procedures Consult's procedural videos
- the First Consult POC information
- additional videos and images, practice guidelines, patient handouts, and drug information from Clinical Pharmacology
- thousands of clinical and other medical images and videos
- CME credits via the Cleveland Clinic
This resource is specifically designed to support physicians in evidence-based clinical care and clinical education, and also supports researchers and instructors with an included presentation builder for use with images and videos.
Why you want to create an account with Clinical Key?
To download book sections as PDFs, you will need to create a login and password.
You can also watch videos from ClinicalKey on using filters, making presentations, building a reading list, and more.
ClinicalKey is developing a mobile app, and we will provide access once it is available.
Presentation Maker allows you to use images from ClinicalKey in your own PowerPoint presentations. After registering and logging into your account, drag and drop images into the Presentation box at the top right of the screen. Click on the Presentation box or select Presentation Maker from My ClinicalKey. Organize your images, then click Export to PowerPoint:
You can search within content to find a particular word or phrase. When the green box displays to the right of the search bar, click to drop down and see areas you can search within. Depending on the section, this may include "this chapter," "this book," "books," "journals," or "all content."
Add items to Reading List to come back to them later. Drag search results to the Reading List box at the top right of the screen, and after registering, you can access saved items later by going to the Reading List box or by logging in to your account and then selecting Reading List from the drop-down menu under My ClinicalKey:
Mobile Access and App
- Mobile-Optimized Website; comprehensive option includes all Clinical Key content. Requires active web connection.
- First Consult App; includes the point of care module and is usable offline
Initial Use and Authentication Instructions
- You must first create a personal account within Clinical Key
- Open Clinical Key
- At the top right of the Clinical Key page, click Register to create a personal account
- On your iOS or Android device, visit the App or Google Play store
- Search for "First Consult" and install the free First Consult app on your device
- After downloading the app, select the option ‘I use First Consult and know my user name’ and enter your ClinicalKey user name and password to start using the First Consult app.