Forming Focused Questions with PICO: About PICO
What do the letters in PICO stand for?
- Patient or problem
When should you use PICO?
- In academia when you are looking for evidence to support best practice
- In practice when you have a question about patient care
Why should you use PICO?
- Helps you form a focused question that will return relevant results
- Helps you retrieve a manageable amount of results
- Assists you in brainstorming keywords for your research
- Saves time!
Get help with your PICO
Other guides and tools: