There is a known problem with the Find@UNC button on Google Scholar until Thursday, November 27th. See workaround
RefWorks: PsycInfo & CINAHL
Direct Export Your References from PsychInfo & CINAHL
- Conduct a database search.
To export single citations to RefWorks
- On the search results page, click on the article title.
- On the Detailed Record page, click on the Export button in the column of options on the right.
To export multiple article records to RefWorks
- Click on the Add to Folder link.
- Click on the link to the Folder at either the top of the page on the right or to the right of the search screen. Like so:
- On the Folder Contents page, Select All or select particular articles by clicking in individual boxes.
- Click Export in the options column of options on the right.
On the Export Manager page
- Select Direct Export to RefWorks
- Click Save
- If necessary, enable pop-ups and click save again.
Review your Last Imported Folder in RefWorks
After you import references to RefWorks, it is always important to check your Last Imported folder in RefWorks to make sure the imported reference looks proper.
The Last Imported folder is on the right side of your RefWorks account. Like this:
Errors that may occur can include:
- All letters capitalized
- Improper titles
As you can see from the examples above, they may require significant editing to make sure that they accurately represent the reference. This step is important so you can:
- Find the reference again later in case you want to read it
- Avoid having to edit the reference later when citing it in a manuscript
I'm having problems downloading citations from databases into RefWorks. Help!
- Be sure to be logged into your RefWorks account before attempting to export citations from databases. Logging in beforehand will ensure you do not have to duplicate steps
- Your browser. Safari is often the culprit. It is recommended that you use Firefox as your primary browser for all things RefWorks-related. If you don't currently have Firefox installed on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here. Try repeating these tasks in Firefox and see if this solves the problem.
- Pop-Ups. Many databases pop-open a new window to directly export the citation(s) to RefWorks, you may need to enable pop-ups.