RefWorks: ISI / Web of Science
Direct Export Your References from ISI Web of Science
- Conduct a search in ISI / Web of Science.
- Check the boxes next to articles you wish to save.
- Scroll to the Send to section found at both the top and bottom of your search results page.
- Select RefWorks from the drop down menu.
- Refworks will open in a new tab or window and confirm that your references have been saved.
Review your Last Imported Folder in RefWorks
After you import references to RefWorks, it is always important to check your Last Imported folder in RefWorks to make sure the imported reference looks proper.
The Last Imported folder is on the right side of your RefWorks account. Like this:
Errors that may occur can include:
- All letters capitalized
- Improper titles
As you can see from the examples above, they may require significant editing to make sure that they accurately represent the reference. This step is important so you can:
- Find the reference again later in case you want to read it
- Avoid having to edit the reference later when citing it in a manuscript
I'm having problems downloading citations from databases into RefWorks. Help!
- Be sure to be logged into your RefWorks account before attempting to export citations from databases. Logging in beforehand will ensure you do not have to duplicate steps
- Your browser. Safari is often the culprit. It is recommended that you use Firefox as your primary browser for all things RefWorks-related. If you don't currently have Firefox installed on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here. Try repeating these tasks in Firefox and see if this solves the problem.
- Pop-Ups. Many databases pop-open a new window to directly export the citation(s) to RefWorks, you may need to enable pop-ups.