Find @ UNC Citation Export Options
Clicking on the Find @ UNC button in database search results frequently takes you directly to available full-text articles. There are often two ways to export citations from that page.
Look for export citation options on the article. The image below shows the export citation link for an article published on Science Direct. The availability and placement of export links will vary by publisher.
Use the export option in the Find @ UNC right sidebar. (You may need to scroll down to see this option.)
When full-text is not available online through Find @ UNC, open the Export/Save drop down and select an option.
Note: Even though the Find @ UNC page does not display all the authors of the article, the export to RefWorks / EndNote usually includes this information. Double check the imported reference to be sure.
Review your Last Imported Folder in RefWorks
After you import references to RefWorks, it is always important to check your Last Imported folder in RefWorks to make sure the imported reference looks proper.
The Last Imported folder is on the right side of your RefWorks account. Like this:
Errors that may occur can include:
- All letters capitalized
- Improper titles
As you can see from the examples above, they may require significant editing to make sure that they accurately represent the reference. This step is important so you can:
- Find the reference again later in case you want to read it
- Avoid having to edit the reference later when citing it in a manuscript
I'm having problems downloading citations from databases into RefWorks. Help!
- Be sure to be logged into your RefWorks account before attempting to export citations from databases. Logging in beforehand will ensure you do not have to duplicate steps
- Your browser. Safari is often the culprit. It is recommended that you use Firefox as your primary browser for all things RefWorks-related. If you don't currently have Firefox installed on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here. Try repeating these tasks in Firefox and see if this solves the problem.
- Pop-Ups. Many databases pop-open a new window to directly export the citation(s) to RefWorks, you may need to enable pop-ups.