F1000 is designed primarily to store and annotate PDFs, similar to Mendeley. There are some drawbacks, which may cause users to want to transfer their citations to another manager such as Endnote.
On this page, we will outline the steps that you need to go through in order to transfer your library from F1000 to another citation manager.
To export your citations from F1000, you need to:
1. Open F1000 in your browser
2. Select all the citations in your library by clicking on All References in the sidebar, checking the box under "All" to select citations, then selecting All References from the drop down menu as shown below.
3. Once selected, click the icon two buttons over that looks like a box with an arrow pointing inside of it. Then select Export as... from the drop down menu.
4. Next, name your file and select the format RIS from the dropdown menu.
5. Then select Download File. The file will automatically go to your "Downloads" folder, but it is recommended that you immediately move it to your desktop so that you do not forget where it is.
Now your F1000 library is ready to be moved to another citation manager.
1. Open Mendeley and select File then Import then RIS - Research Information Systems.
2. Choose the file that you exported from F1000 and then click Open.