Step 1: Download Your References from PubMed
- Perform a search in PubMed.
- Check the boxes next to articles you want to download. Use the PubMed Clipboard to select article records from multiple searches.
- Click the "Send to" link.
- Select Citation Manager under Choose Destination
- Click the Create File button.
- Save the file, citations.nbib, to your computer.
Step 2: Importing into RefWorks
- Login to your RefWorks database.
- Mouse over the References menu and select Import.
- The Import Reference screen will appear.
- Select NLM PubMed from the Import Filter/Data Source drop-down list.
- Browse to find the text file from PubMed that you saved to your computer.
- Select one of your folders if you wish. All newly imported references are automtically put in the Last Imported folder.
- Click on Import.
On Campus Access: Electronic resources are accessible on-campus and from the UNC Hospitals' computers. Faculty, students and staff must register personal laptops and mobile devices with UNC Chapel Hill ITS.
Off Campus Access: Access resources off-campus via the Library website by logging in with your Onyen. Most electronic resources are accessible off-campus to students, faculty, and staff, including UNC Hospitals' staff.