Three ways to access Micromedex on your mobile device.
- Mobile Website – The most comprehensive option (recommended for pharmacy students) includes all add on tools, references, and drug images. Requires a web connection. Authentication required (see below.)
- Drug Information App – Includes drug summary information but not add on tools and references. Can be used offline. Available for FREE on iPhone and Android.
- Drug Interactions App – Provides drug-drug interactions only. Can be used offline. Authentication required (see below.)
Note: You must be on campus to get the authentication information you need to register. You will need to return to Micromedex while on campus once a quarter to update the authentication information.
1. Go to Micromedex (On Campus Only) and click the "mobileMicromedex" link.
2. From the options available, make the appropriate selection based on your needs and your handheld device.
3. For access to the mobile website, select the top option: “mobileMicromedex 2.0 for iPhone®/iPad®, Blackberry® and Android™.” Use your mobile browser to go to the listed link and enter the User Name and Password. For access to the apps, scroll down to the download links appropriate for your device. To begin using the Micromedex Drug Interactions app you will need to enter the password listed on this page.
If you need further assistance or have questions, please email an HSL Librarian.
Search for Additional Mobile Resources
Many more can be found by searching the Internet. Some helpful search terms: medical student mobile applications, and/or use your device's brand name. An example: lab values and iPhone, or medical encyclopedia and Droid.