This guide is a joint effort of the Health Sciences Library and the Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Department at UNC Health Care. It includes news, e-journals, e-books, guidelines, tools, and links to organizations in support of patient safety and quality improvement.
These links provide an introduction to topics in Health Care Quality and Safety:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) - Patient Safety Primers
"Each primer defines a topic, offers background information on its epidemiology and context, and highlights relevant content from both AHRQ PSNet and AHRQ WebM&M."
- American Hospital Association (AHA) - Quality and Patient Safety
News, updates on AHA policy and advocacy, and resources available from many different AHA initiatives addressing improvement in quality and patient safety.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) – Knowledge Center
"Offers tools, change ideas, measures to guide improvement, IHI white papers, audio and video, improvement stories, and more."
- Joint Commission - National Patient Safety Goals
2013 National Patient Safety Goals are now available.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Healthcare-associated Infections
Incidence and economic cost; diseases and organisms; types of infections; monitoring infections; prevention and research.
Hosted by CDC’s Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion