What is Zotero?
Zotero is a free citation management tool, available at Zotero.org. It keeps track of your sources as you do your research in library E-resources or on the Web. And when it's time to write a paper, Zotero can handle the citation formatting for you. You won't have to worry about putting a semicolon in the right place again.
This guide will give you an introduction to how to use Zotero at UNC.
In this guide you will find:
- Why use Zotero? - This page answers questions about what Zotero does and how it differs from Refworks.
- Setting up Zotero - This page has information about getting your Zotero account set up.
- Working with Word - This page will help you when you are trying to get Zotero and Word to work well together.
- Advanced - The page will show you a couple of advanced features, plus where to get more help.
- Set up a consultation - Want more information about RefWorks? Set up a consultation with one of UNC Libraries' RefWorks experts.