Get the article
Always connect to databases from UNC-CH library pages so you will see the Find @ UNC button.
Find @ UNC now takes you directly to available full-text articles.
As your request is being processed, "Didn't find the full-text? Try this" will appear at the top of the screen. Wait a little while for the article information to load on the page. If the full-text is not available online, use the “Try this” link to find alternative sources. The "Try this" link also takes you to the page where you can export the citation to RefWorks, End Note, and other programs. See Citation Export Options for more information.
When the article is not available online, Find @ UNC links to a page with other ways to get the article.
- look for print in the UNC Libraries' catalog
- request from another library via Interlibrary Loan
- ask for help
E-Research Tools (Databases)
PubMed's Journal Database will find the full journal title for a journal abbreviation.
Find Print Journals
In the Library:
- Search the Libraries' Catalog to find a journal.
- Journals in HSL are arranged alphabetically by title.
- Journal volumes published after 1990 are on the 4th floor in the HSL; older volumes are in the basement.
Outside the Library:
- Use Interlibrary Loan Services to get any article emailed to you whether HSL owns it or does not.