- AP Images
Current and historic images of all topics. Search for "north carolina" basketball to find photos of UNC basketball. You will get some "false hits" of North Carolina State and North Carolina Central basketball. Search for a name or an opponent to narrow results. Browse images of P.J. Hairston or Xylina Mcdaniel.
- MCT Direct Wire Services
UNC basketball visuals
Login and passwords are required for MCT Direct; see your instructor for details.
- Check out the basketball images taken by prominent North Carolinian, entrepreneur, tourism booster, environmental activist, sports fan, and prolific image-maker Hugh Morton. Read more about the Hugh Morton Collection.
- Basketball in North Carolina
Images of North Carolina basketball teams and players from the North Carolina Yearbooks exhibit and North Carolina Newspapers collection on DigitalNC.org. items are from between 1900 & 1982. From the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center's Flickr collection.
- TarHeelBlue Women's Basketball
Includes video and some still photographs of the UNC Women's basketball team.
- The Carolina Basketball Museum
Includes artifacts, videos, photos, statistical and historical panels that highlight the history of the Carolina Basketball program.
Open Tues - Fri., 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and Sat. 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Located on the first floor of the Ernie Williamson Athletics Center, adjacent to the Smith Center and Koury Natatorium on Skipper Bowles Drive.
Images Are for Educational Use Only!
Images on these sites are covered by U.S. copyright law and cannot be used without permission.
Basketball @ Wilson Library
- Go to Wilson Library's 2nd floor Reading Room.
- You'll be asked to fill out a one-time registration form (online) and present valid photo identification (ie, ONECARD)
- Laptops, silenced cell phones, and digital cameras may be brought into the Reading Room; all other personal items, including cases for the above, must be secured in a locker at the Reading Room entrance.
- Beverages and food are not permitted in the Reading Room.
- Ask for "Collection 85, UNC batch" to browse their easily-accessible material about the University of North Carolina.
- These cards have high quality images on the front and information about the image on the back.
- Look at the Yearbooks, which will contain photos of fraternity / sorority members as well as other groups.
- Those prior to the early 1960s are free of copyright.
- Yearbooks from 1890 through 1966 are available online.
- There is one scanner in the Reading Room you can use to scan images you might like to use.
Books about Carolina Basketball
There are over 100 books at UNC about Carolina Basketball. Browse this list, or check out some of the titles below.
Packed with little-known stories from the program's earliest days and new insights into its best-loved moments, this edition includes more than 200 color and black-and-white photos and an appendix of records and statistics.
Coach Roy Williams has traveled an unlikely path. In Hard Work he tells the story of his life, from his turbulent childhood through a coaching career with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. With his new afterword, Williams takes us past the two NCAA championship titles to the subsequent 2010 season, its shake-up losses, the unexpected departure of key players, and on to a new season of coaching some of the most dazzling young players in the countryand a surprising ACC championship.Williams recounts his rough early years; his long tenure as head coach at the University of Kansas; how he recruits, teaches, and motivates his players; how hes shepherded teams through some of the most nail-biting games at both Kansas and UNC; and how he suffered through one of the roughest seasons of his tenure and came out on the other side to be awarded 2011 ACC Coach of the Year.
Tar Heelology Trivia Challenge