UNC Catalog Search
Korean Romanization: McCune-Reishauer system
Korean resources at Davis Library are searchable in Korean, as well as in romanization with the McCune-Reischauer system, based on pronunciation. This system is different than the official romanization system in Korea. Find out more:
- Romanize the Korean title/author/keyword using the M-R Romanization system.
- Insert a space after each word, a particle, lexical unit, etc.
- Omit diacritics such as breve (˘), alif (’) and ayn
Relevant Korean Databases
Start with Keywords or Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH).
Identify one or more relevant books. Click on the LCSH given to those titles to find more titles.
Use Advanced Search for more precise results
LC Subject Heading
- korean language -- textbooks
- korean language -- grammar -- textbooks
- korean language -- dictionaries
- culture -- korea
- Korea (South) -- social life and customs
- Popular culture -- Korea (South)
Going to the advanced search features in the UNC catalog will let you search for items that UNC has in Korean. You can also specific the format (book, film, etc.) that you want to find.