Finding Company Data in the Bloomberg
Find your company
- Type company name or ticker symbol to get company on the screen.
- Select your company from bottom half of screen.
Then type one or more of the following commands (the Best Bets have screen shots at right)
FA = Company financials: income statements, balance sheets, earning estimates, more.
- For definitions and information on calculations in a company's financial statement:
- type: HELP from the FA screen
- Send yourself a screen shot of the financial data you find (use GRAB command)
- Type: ANR for one-word recommendation (buy, sell, hold, etc.)
- Type: BRC for 1-4 page reports by independent analysts. Download as pdf.
GP = graph of historic stock prices
CF = SEC filings
- Pull down to get 10-Ks for current, prior year
- Select pdf option on right side to save
- Email yourself the file
BI = Industry research
- Independent, unbiased research by Bloomberg analysts
- Can msg analysts to interview them
- 94 <go> to turn off sidebar so can see more data
- type GRAB to email graphic image of screen.
- type HELP HELP to get instant help from Bloomberg experts.
- Click on <Related> menu to find similar Bloomberg information (i.e., if on Company Financials, see option for Dividend/Split Summary)
Finding a Bloomberg Terminal
Bloomberg Terminal @ The Park Library
- If you can get to the Park Library,
- Make an appointment with Stephanie to learn "the Bloomberg."
- Ideally: make an appointment for you and 1-2 buddies to maximize the learning experience.
Can't get to the Park Library?
- See if your local university or public library has a terminal you can use.
- It's unlikely but possible.
- Message Stephanie for help identifying a nearby Bloomberg terminal.
Park Library's Bloomberg Terminal
VidTip: Using the Bloomberg
How & why you might want to use the Bloomberg Terminal @ the Park Library. Covers the following Bloomberg commands:
- FA = Company financials (income statements, balance sheets, earning estimates, more.)
- ANR = Analysts' recommendations
- GP = graph of historic stock prices
- CF = SEC filings
- BI = Industry research
- Download a pdf of the PowerPoint slides in this presentation.
FA: Company Financials
GP: Historical Stock Prices