You can use Toast for lots of simple tasks. Toast can convert AVCHD files from cameras into .mts files for use in Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
To prepare your footage, follow these steps:
1. Open Toast. Toast is the icon on your dock that looks like a purple toaster with media in it.
2. Click on the tab labeled "Convert" in Toast’s main window.
3. Do either of the following:
- Click “Add” on the bottom of the window. Then, select any video files you would like to convert.
- From the Finder, drag any .mts files you would like to convert into the main part of Toast’s window where it says “Drag video files into this area.”
4. Click the red button labeled "Burn" in the bottom right corner of Toast's main window.
Now you must choose what format Toast should convert your media to.
- Settings to use for iMovie:
- Device: Digital Video (DV)
- Quality: 16:9 if your video is widescreen (all of MRC’s cameras shoot in widescreen), or 4:3 if you know your footage is not widescreen.
- Save To: Your folder on the Save Disk