No Sound Try This...
System (check this first):
- Make sure the speaker volume knob is centered or to the right
- On the dock, click on System Preferences
- Click on Sound
- In the Output tab, make sure device is set to Headphones
- Try moving the volume slider around. You should be hearing little
bleeps. If not, try unplugging the headphones to see if sound is coming through the speakers.
Check the main iMovie volume control next to Clips, turn this all the way up.
If you are importing footage and not hearing sound, make sure the DV deck is on and the speakers are turned up
Final Cut Pro
1. Go to the top menu bar, and click on Final Cut Pro
2. Click on Audio/Video Settings…
3. Click on the A/V Devices tab
4. In the Playback Output->Audio drop-down menu, pick Default
5. Click OK
If you are importing footage and not hearing sound, make sure the DV deck is on and the speakers are turned up.
1. Go to the top menu bar, and click on Garageband
2. Click on Preferences…
3. Click on the Audio/MIDI tab
4. In the Audio Output drop-down menu, pick System Setting
If you are playing back a recording and not hearing sound make sure the track is not muted. The mute button is a small speaker (blue if muted) next to the record-ready button.