- ProQuest Digital Microfilm
Full image of
- the Chicago Tribune,
- the Los Angeles Times,
- the New York Times,
- the San Francisco Chronicle,
- the Wall Street Journal,
- the Washington Post.
: this is not searchable; you may only browse by date. 2008-present, with a 2-3 month delay.
Search Google News.
- Coverage dates unknown.
- Use the search box or select from various countries (drop-down menu at top left) to view top news around the world
- Some articles require a fee; please use Interlibrary Loan to obtain these at no cost to you!
- See especially UNC's access to The New York Times.
Browse the Internet Public Library's list of news websites. Browse by state or country.
- America's News
Over 1,200 U.S. newspapers including many regional newspapers. Includes some local television news. 1990s to present.
- Newspaper Source Plus
Over 1,500 US and foreign newspapers, including 50 from North Carolina. News transcripts from TV and radio. 1990s-present.
- InfoTrac Custom Newsstand
Greensboro News and Record (1996-), Winston-Salem Journal (1997-), Atlanta Journal Constitution (1996-), and over 150 other regional United States and foreign newspapers.
- LexisNexis News
National and international newspapers, news transcripts from TV and radio, and company financial reports. 1980s-present.
Global news and business information articles. Includes several international news transcripts.Tech Note
Go to Search / Search Builder to start searching. More help from: Factiva User Guide
from ProQuest (pdf)
Alternative and independent newspapers, magazines, and journals, & other non-mainstream journalism. 1970-present.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
Includes several late 20th century African American newspapers, such as
- The Tri-State Defender (1959-1989),
- The New Pittsburgh Courier (1959-present),
- The Washington Informer (1979-present).
Text only; no images.
The State of the News Media 2013. Extensive data covering the year in newspapers, online, network, cable, and local TV, magazines, and audio.
From the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism. Reports available from 2004 to present.