Park Library Chat
Daily Tar Heel
- Current issues ... on Facebook... on Twitter ... on YouTube
- Current issues on Scribd (full-image of the daily paper), January 2010-present
- Full issues on microfilm
- in the North Carolina Collection 1893-present (C071 T16). Free registration required to use the NCC; more info
- in Davis Library, 1982-present (Serial 1-1414)
- Bound volumes
- in the North Carolina Collection for "most years;" NCC will refer you to microfilm in most cases.
- in the Park Library. 1927 - spring 1999
- Headline Archive 1970-present
- Print Index, August 1970- August 1991 available in Davis (LH1.U6 D34 Index)
- Online historic archives. Dates vary; include 1900s through 1960s. Search via archive.org and download as pdf.
Other N.C. News Sources
- North Carolina News Network (NCNN)
Includes the current and previous days' audio clips.
North Carolina Press Association. Browse their newsletter or view their members by city.
- Triangle Business Journal (available in print in the Park Library) and the Charlotte Business Journal
- WUNC, Chapel Hill
Includes daily news coverage, the Story with Dick Gordon, the State of Things, and more.
- North Carolina Newspapers
Student and community newspapers from schools and towns around North Carolina. From DigitalNC.
News & Observer Index
- News & Observer Index, 1926-1992
Search to find date and page number for articles matching your terms. This is not a database of articles; rather, it is an index guiding you to articles with more information about your research topic. Use microfilm to find the full articles.
- News & Observer available on microfilm at
- UNC's North Carolina Collection: 1894 to present (C071 N55).
- UNC's Davis Library: 1980-2011 (Serial 1-857).
More Newspapers @ UNC
Looking for a specific paper?
- Search the library catalog for Subject = North Carolina - Newspapers.
- Add terms in the search box and click "Search within results" to narrow your search to a location or title such as the Mount Olive Tribune or the Mebane Enterprise.
- Browse this list of Currently Received Newspapers in the Park Library.
- From here, you can also see which of these newspapers are microfilm or bound at another UNC Chapel Hill library.
- Search the Currently Received Newspapers list, or browse by town, state, or language.
These are available at the University of North Carolina's North Carolina Collection on microfilm:
- African American Newspapers in North Carolina 19th-century-present.
- Newspapers by Year, 1736-1865 Hundreds of newspapers organized by date.
N.C. Television Outlets
- Raleigh (Research Triangle Park) UNC-TV