- Associated Press Images
Features notable figures and images from significant events of the 20th and, occasionally, the 19th centuries (an 1844 photograph of Abraham Lincoln; 1880 photographs of the Brooklyn Bridge). mid-19th century-present. great visuals! Note: Images are covered by U.S. copyright law and can only be used for class projects.
- Reader's Guide Retrospective
Articles from popular, general-interest periodicals such as Harpers, Newsweek, Saturday Review, and more. From the former Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature. Covers articles published 1890-1982.
- Historic Newspapers
Full-text and images of several newspapers:
- The Atlanta Constitution (1868 to 1945)
- The Baltimore Sun (1837-1987)
- The Chicago Tribune (1849 - 1986)
- The Los Angeles Times (1881-1989)
- The Louisville Courier-Journal (1830 – 1922)
- The Nashville Tennessean (1812 – 1922)
- The New York Times (1851 to 3 years ago)
- The Wall Street Journal (1889-1995)
- The Washington Post (1877 to 1996).
- America's Historical Imprints
includes Early American Imprints Series I and II, over 70,000 printed works from 1639 to the 1820s. Also American Broadsides and Ephemera, over 30,000 documents from 1639 to 1900.
- Accessible Archives
"Important American newspapers" from the 18th and 19th centuries. They include The Pennsylvania Gazette from 1728 to 1800; newspaper perspectives of the Civil War; several major African American Newspapers of the 19th century; Godey's Lady's Book from 1830 to 1855.
- Early American Newspapers
700 historical American newspapers. 1690-1900.