Park Library Chat
Search InfoTrac Newsstand
Free News Online
Search Google News.
- Coverage dates unknown.
- Use the search box or select from various countries (drop-down menu at top left) to view top news around the world
- Some articles require a fee; please use Interlibrary Loan to obtain these at no cost to you!
- See especially UNC's access to The New York Times.
Browse the Internet Public Library's list of news websites. Browse by state or country.
Historic News, by Region
- Nineteenth Century British Library Newspapers
National, regional, and local 19th century British newspapers. 1800-1899.
- Times (London) Digital Archive
Full-text and images of The London Times. 1785-2006.
- Sunday Times (London) Digital Archive
Full-text and images of the Sunday Times. 1822-2006.
- Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century Burney Collection Newspapers
British news media from the 17th and 18th centuries. Includes full images of newsbooks, newspapers, pamphlets. More about the Burney Collection.
- Financial Times Historical Archive
Articles, advertisements and market listings of the Financial Times. Special supplements and the FT Magazine are included. 1888-2006.
- African Newspapers
Over 40 newspapers published in Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, and Zimbabwe. Languages include English, German, French, Portuguese, Afrikaans, Xhosa, Sotho, and others. 1800 - 1922.
- Latin American Newspapers
Includes Bolivia's Diaro (1904-1914); Cuba's Diario de la Marina (1910-1922); Peru's Diario de la Marina (1827-1832); and Venezuela's Universal (1911-1922). More dates are being added.
- South Asian Newspapers
English-, Gujarati- and Bengali-language papers published in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, South Asian Newspapers offers extensive coverage of the people, issues and events that shaped the Indian Subcontinent between 1864 and 1922.
- Chinese Newspapers Collection (1832-1953)
Includes: North China Herald (1850-1941), Canton Times (1919-1920), China Critic (1939-1946), The China Press (1925-1938), China Weekly Review (1917-1953), Chinese Recorder (1868-1940), Chinese Repository (1832-1851), Peking Daily News (1914-1917), Peking Gazette (1915-1917), Peking Leader (1918-1919), Shanghai Gazette (1919-1921)and Shanghai Times (1914-1921). From ProQuest.