RefWorks: What is RefWorks?
What is RefWorks?
Access your free RefWorks account with UNC-CH.
New to RefWorks? Go to the login page and click "Sign up for a New Account."
RefWorks is a reference management system where you can:
- Collect citations
- Manage citations, by folder or a searchable database
- Cite using proper formatting in a variety of citation styles (e.g. APA, AMA, Vancouver, etc)
- Share research with colleagues
You download citations from the web and store them in your online RefWorks account. Then when you want to write your manuscript, you can use their Write-N-Cite Word Add-on to insert properly formatted citations and a bibliography. Since RefWorks is accessible from the web, it can be used from any computer connected to the internet.
This guide contains information on:
- Adding references to your account
- An introduction on Write-N-Cite, RefWork's tool for properly formatting your citations and bibliographies in your papers.
- A full explanation on how to install and use Write-N-Cite for both PCs and Macs
- Advanced tips to using RefWorks, including sharing options and functionality on tablets like the iPad
- The Group Code that you may need to enter to fully use RefWorks
- Further information for additional help if you run into any issues
We at the Health Sciences Library provide full support for RefWorks, so if you have any questions or want to schedule a consultation on RefWorks, we are here to help via chat, email, or phone (919-962-0800).
We also regularly have RefWorks classes if you would like a live person instructing you. Check out our upcoming classes on our classes page.