Barbara Rochen Renner, PhD: Find Me
Meet Your Allied Health Sciences Library Liaison
Allied Health Sciences Liaison
- Barbara's Profile
- HSL News/Features
- All Allied Health Sciences & Related Guides
- Alternative Academic Careers (ALTAC) Guide
- Appreciative Inquiry & Positive Psychology Resources
- Sciwheel Guide
- Fogarty Global Health Fellowship Poster Resources
- Implicit Bias Resources
- Qualitative Research Resources
- So You Want to Be a Librarian?
- Writing in the Health Sciences
Author Identifiers & Profiles
Barbara Rochen Renner, PhD ORCID
- ORCID (Open Research and Contributor ID) provides a persistent digital identifier (an ORCID iD) that distinguishes each researcher from all other researchers, especially individuals with similar names.
- ORCID iDs are used in research workflows, like manuscript and grant submissions, to create links between people and their professional activities in an open and publicly visible way.
- ORCID is the most universal when compared with other unique author ID systems (i.e., ResearcherID from Thomson-Reuters and Scopus Author Identifier from Elsevier). It has been integrated with many major publishers including Thomson-Reuters and Elsevier as well as in NIH's SciENcv biosketch tool.