You can search Articles + AND the library’s catalog through our website here: https://library.unc.edu/
You can find links to individual databases that may be helpful on the E-Research by Discipline page of our website
Searching for Sources Effectively
- Follow the Bibliographic Trail: One proven method for gathering reliable information efficiently is to follow the citations or references from one source to another. The author's bibliography can lead you to other sources on the topic
- Subject Headings: If you find an interesting title in the Library Catalog or article database, open the record and scroll down to alternate Subject Headings. Click on the link and it will take you to addional materials with the same subject/topic.
- Identify keywords: Before searching the Library Catalog or other databases, take a few minutes to write down all the words that describe your topic. Use these words and synonyms in keyword searches.
Questions to consider:
- What made this item worth paying attention to?
- How is it relevant to your research topic?