This guide will help you find resources for performing research on southern America. The guide includes tips for locating books, articles, and web resources, and also provides some reference resources. For more information, please see the specific pages:
- Articles and Books - provides resources for locating articles and books on the American South through the library catalog, and some relevant bibliographies. Check out the "Article Searching Tips" to improve your searches in the databases.
- Background Information - provides links to reference resources, such as encyclopedias, atlases, and biographies, that can provide background information to help you get started with research on the American South.
- Primary Sources - provides links for locating primary source material on the American South, at UNC and elsewhere.
- Newspapers and Periodicals - provides links to many different newspapers, both historical and current, from the American South, as well as guides and indexes for discovering even more.
- Data, Maps, and Images - provides resources for obtaining relevant data and statistics on the American South, as well as some maps and image collections.
- Other Resources - provides links to citation management tools and to document delivery.
In addition to the resources provided by this guide, please don't hesitate to contact one of the subject librarians using the profile boxes on the right with any questions.
Image of Grandfather Mountain copyright the North Carolina Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Library; part of the Hugh Morton Collection of Photographs and Films at Wilson Library