Sample PC Screen Shot (see labels and additional information below screen shots)
1. "F" Browser Extension: once browser extension has been installed, this icon will appear. If you use more than one browser, you'll have to install the extension for each separately.
As you are browsing journal articles you may click to add citations to your reference list.
Browser extension also allows you to highlight text on an article and add a comment, which will be saved in your workspace.
2.Tools menu: Install browser extension, Word plugin, Google docs add-on, and Manuscripts.com iOS app (Mac only).
3.Help Guide: click for online help and overview videos.
4.Your Profile button: use to share (invite others to try F1000), turn on hints (great for beginners), change notification and account settings, logout.
5. Import references: In addition to using the browser extension and desktop app, F1000 gives you several additional options for importing references. Use this button to import references from
.pdf's stored on your hard drive (individual or folder of .pdf's) or from Google Drive or Dropbox;
from other citation managers (e.g., EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, and others);
from .ris, .nbib, .bib, or EndNote .xml formatted files;
by entering DOI, PMID, or ISBN numbers
by entering information manually
6. View all saved references.
7. Options to perform on selected or all references:
Move, copy, export, download .pdf, export reference, add to reading list
8. Shared project members: add or delete members; see emails.
9. List of Private projects.
10. Options to access an article. You may open as a pdf (if downloaded), full text, or via institutional access (= Find @ UNC); access notes made on a project (not shown in this example).
11. List of Shared projects.
12. Indicates recent activity (in this example, in a shared project).
13. F1000 desktop application.
Use app to import .pdf's (drag and drop or by browsing recent imports) that have been downloaded to your computer.
Click tool "gear" to set up or change "Watch Folder" (PDFs no larger than 100MB added to the watch folder automatically import to your reference list).
14. F1000 Support team chat help: Response time is within 24 hours (use #3 Help button for online help any time).
14b. Replies from the F1000 team arrive in your email and via notification in the F1000 chat box located at the bottom of the screen as shown in 14b.
Using F1000 Desktop application
1. Download the F1000 desktop application from import references.
When you first set up F1000Workspace, you will usually be promoted to set up the desk top app. Until you do so, you will see a place to do so from "Import Reference."
You can also find links to download the desktop app for PC's and Mac's in the online Help guide (click on help button within F1000Workspace) or here: Installing the Desktop App.
You can "pin" the app to your computer's task bar, as you do with other programs. For an example on a PC, see #13 in screen shot at top of this page,
2. To use the Desktop app:
Download the article as a pdf.
From the recent download list on your browser toolbar, drag the article to the F1000 desktop app located on your computer's task bar (usually on the bottom of the screen). The desktop app usually appears as a large "F" on a red background.
A second smaller screen will open as seen in the image above. Drag and drop the article in the box to add to it your reference list.
Occasionally, this doesn't work. Remember that from your F1000Workspace, when you are in "My References," you can click on "Import References" (see #5, above) for other options.