Converting Video File Formats
Convert DVD or Windows Media Files to MP4
- Select a file to open and convert. If you are not prompted to open a file, select "Open Source" in the panel at the top left of HandBrake and choose a file.
- Drag the "Constant Quality" slider so that the RF value is between 20 and 22.
- In the "Destination" field, choose where to save the file and give it a name. Click the drop arrow next to the "Save As" box for more options.
- If you want to convert a portion of the DVD, select Chapters, Seconds or Frames from the drop-down menu and then the duration to convert.
- Press the green "Start" button in the top left menu, or choose "Add to Queue."
- Repeat steps 2-5 until all the files you want to convert are in the queue. Then select "Show Queue" and press "Start" in the queue window.