To access Connect2 and make reservations for MEJO equipment, you need to be connected to UNC’s campus network. When you are on campus, this is seamless.
When you are off campus, you need to access Connect2 with a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for security reasons.
To use the VPN, you will need to download a software client called Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Download the Cisco AnyConnect client here (https://uncch.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0010155).
- UNC IT walks you through the steps to set up and log in to the VPN.
- Find “Obtaining and Installing the VPN”.
- Select your operating system for download links and step-by-step instructions.
Some things to know:
- You only need to install the VPN client ONCE on your device, and then you can connect to it whenever you need to use it.
- You will need your ONYEN and two-factor authentication (Duo) for setting up the VPN and for connecting to the VPN.
- Pay attention to the "Connection Settings" section of the download page. The server name and group name listed are login credentials you will use each time you connect to the VPN.
- To use the VPN for Connect2:
a. Open and log into the VPN client, and once you are connected…
b. Go to Connect2 at https://equipmentroom.mj.unc.edu/ and use it as you would on campus
c. When you are finished, you can log out of the VPN and close the client.
Contact someone in Park Library if you would like help installing the VPN.