Endnote is designed to be a research manager like Mendeley which handles primarily PDFs. There are some drawbacks to Endnote, which may cause some users to want to switch to another citation manager, like perhaps Mendeley or Zotero.
On this page, we will outline the steps that you need to go through in order to transfer your Endnote library to another citation manager.
To export your citations from Endnote, you need to follow these steps. But also keep in mind different citation managers prefer different output formats from Endnote. Consult this table to see which you should choose:
|New Citation Manager||Output format|
Now you have your references ready to import into the new citation manager!
1. Log in to your F1000 Workspace and navigate to My References.
2. Select the Import References button.
3. From the resulting menu, drop down References to view your options.
4. Select the icon of a page with an asterisk labeled RIS, BIB, NBIB & EndNote XML files.
5. Select the file that you exported from EndNote and click open.