Mobile Health & Research Apps at UNC
Accessing Mobile Health Apps at UNC
- Typically, you will need to first create a personal account using the desktop version of the resource
- Follow the directions given by either the app store of your choice OR the resource website itself
- Renew your access periodically by either:
- Logging into your personal account using the web browser while on campus or through VPN
- Using the app while connected to the UNC Chapel Hill campus (NOT the Hospital) network
- Go to AccessMedicine on your desktop.
- Click the "University of North Carolina" button on the top right. Select "Login or Create Free Personal Account."
- Click "Don't have a MyAccess account?" and enter your information to create an account.
- Download the AccessMedicine app from your app store and use your newly created username and password to log in.
- To maintain access, you must sign in to AccessMedicine every 90 days through the UNC-Chapel Hill network, either on-site or through a VPN.
- For more support, visit the Unbound Medicine Support page.
- Go to e-Anatomy
- Click on the Log In button in the upper right corner. Click the Register button in the pop-up box. Fill in the User Profile and Account Details form and click Register.
- You will receive an email request to validate your login after submitting your form.
- From your mobile device, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the IMAIOS e-Anatomy app.
- If you have trouble finding the app in the store, use the browser on your mobile device to go to https://itunes.apple.com/app/e-anatomy/id334876403?mt=8 (Apple App Store) or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.imaios.eanatomy (Google Play Store) and use the appropriate download link.
- e-Anatomy will prompt you to log in. Use the login information you created in Step #1 to access the app from your mobile device. You can also log in by clicking the profile icon in the upper right corner of the app and selecting Sign In With IMAIOS.
EBSCO Database Collections
- Go to Academic Search Complete on your desktop or mobile browser.
- Note: This will create an app that includes ALL of the Ebsco databases we have access to, including CINAHL and PsycINFO, but if you start anywhere else, it will not.
- Click the link that says, "iphone and android apps" at the very bottom of the screen.
- Enter your email address to be sent a link that will allow you to create an app.
- Open your email on your mobile device - iPad, iPhone, or Android.
- Follow the instructions to install the app on your mobile device.
JoVE - Journal of Visualized Experiments
Access JoVE on your mobile device:
- Create a personal JoVE account on the JoVE website using your UNC email address.
- Confirm the registration in your email account.
- Download the app from the Apple app or Google Play stores.
- Log in to the app on your device with your UNC email address and JoVE password
The Medical Letter
Access the Medical Letter on Drugs & Therapeutics using a mobile app :
- Open the Medical Letter on Drugs & Therapeutics from the Library site
- Click on the Mobile Apps link on the left side menu on the screen
- Fill out the information to create a personal user login and password
- Find the Medical Letter in your preferred app store from your smartphone or tablet
- Install it
- Login using your newly created Medical Letter ID
mobile Micromedex Drug Essentials
- Web Browser – The most comprehensive option (recommended for pharmacy students) includes all add on tools, references, and drug images. Go to the HSL website while on campus to get in or check the off-campus log-in instructions below.
- Apps – There are several Micromedex apps you can choose from. Can be used offline.
- Free Micromedex Drug Ref (reference)
- IBM Micromedex Drug Int (interactions)
- IBM Micromedex IV Comp (compatibility)
- IBM Micromedex NeoFax
- IBM Micromedex Pediatrics
Initial Use and Authentication Instructions:
If you are off campus or using the Micromedex apps, you will need a password which you can get one of two ways:
- Contact the Health Sciences Library using your UNC email address and request it.
- Go to the Micromedex website while on campus.
- For desktop access, click the "My Subscription" link at the upper right corner of the screen.
- For App passwords, click the "Mobile Application Access" link at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Follow the relevant directions for your device. The required passwords will be listed within the instructions.
- Note: You may need to update the password quarterly (or when the publisher updates them).
Red Book Online
1. CREATE a TDS Health Profile Account
Access your TDS Health subscription as you normally would using an official login method. This would be authentication based on the IP addresses of your institution and/or full user accounts usually via a desktop or laptop computer while at your institution or through a proxy server login (using your institutional login). Click the Profile link above the search bar. If you have already created a Profile account (formerly called a My STAT!Ref account) skip down to Step 4. If you do not have a Profile account, click Register.
2. ACTIVATE Your Login
Activate your username and password as an Anywhere Login Account. By activating the Anywhere Login Account, you’ll be enabling your username and password to open the app.
- Go to the “Welcome” and your name drop down and click “Anywhere Login Account.”
- Click the “Activate”button.
3: ENABLE Your Mobile App Using Your AnywhereLogin Account
- Download the FREE app for STAT!Ref from iTunes, Google Play or Amazon App store.
- On your mobile device go to Apps and tap on the STAT!Ref icon.
- Enter your email address as your username and the password you created. The password is case sensitive. You can choose to save your login information to your device. You have now enabled your app.
4. RENEW Your Account: Renewing an AnywhereLogin Account
To protect a subscription from unauthorized use, it is required that users re-authenticate their AnywhereLogin Accounts at pre-determined intervals.
- Access your TDS Health subscription as you normally would using an official login method. This would be authentication based on the IP addresses of your institution and/or full user accounts usually via a desktop or laptop computer while at your institution or through a proxy server login (using your institutional login). You CANNOT do this from the mobile app.
- Click the Profile link above the search bar. Login if necessary using your Profile username and password.
- Click the “AnywhereLogin Account” tab and click the “Renew” button.
- NOTE: An expiration email reminder for users of AnywhereLogin Accounts are sent 10 days and then again 1 day prior to expiration. You can still renew even if your login expires. You just won’t be able to use the app until you renew the AnywhereLogin Account.
- Go to UpToDate on the library website.
- On a desktop computer, click on the Log In / Register button in the upper right corner. Fill in the Register (New User) form and Submit Registration.
- On a mobile device, click the Login button in the upper left corner and then scroll down. Fill in the Register (New User) form and Submit Registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your form.
- From your mobile device, go to the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or Windows Store and download the UpToDate app.
- If you have trouble finding the app in the store, use the browser on your mobile device to go to http://www.uptodate.com/home/uptodate-mobile-access and use the appropriate download link.
- Use the login information you created in Step #1 to access the app from your mobile device.
- You will be asked to Review and Accept the Subscription License Agreement.
- You must verify your affiliation with UNC by logging into UpToDate via a web browser at least once every 90 days.
- You will need to enter your Onyen and password if you are accessing this link from off campus.
- In-application messages and emails will notify you when you need to re-verify and you can check the date for this by viewing Account Info within the app.