Adding References to EndNote
Exporting References from CINAHL & PsycInfo
Note: These instructions apply to all EBSCOhost databases.
Mac Users: When working with EndNote on a Mac, you must use Mozilla Firefox as your browser to enable Direct Export (automatic downloads) of references from electronic databases (PubMed, Web of Science, etc.) to your EndNote library.
- Conduct a search in PsycInfo or CINAHL.
- Click on the title of the record that you wish to export to your EndNote library.
If you want to import more than one reference, click Add to folder below each result you want to save. When you do this a box with the title 'Folder has items' will appear in the right column. To view items in your folder, click on the Folder view link in the folder box. In Folder view you can select the citations that you would like to export to EndNote.
- Once you have chosen your references, click on the Export link, which will be in the column on the right of your screen, whether you are viewing an individual record or your folder.
- Select the Direct Export in RIS Format radio button.
- Click the Save button to begin the direct export.
A dialog box will appear prompting you to either "Open" or "Save" the file that you are creating.
- Choose the Open with radio button and select EndNote from the drop-down menu. If you do not see EndNote on the dropdown shortlist, select Other and choose EndNote from the options provided. Then, click OK.
Your citations will automatically appear in your EndNote library. If you do not already have EndNote open, your computer will open your EndNote library.
Important: Check all citations for accuracy prior to sorting into groups.