Full-text Articles via Find @ UNC: Find @ UNC in PubMed
Find @ UNC in PubMed
PRO TIP: Always connect to PubMed from UNC Library websites so you will see the Find @ UNC button.
When you retrieve more than one article, the Find @ UNC button does not appear in PubMed's default display.
To see more information about an individual article:
- Click on the article title link to see an individual article's citation page.
- The Find @ UNC button is in the upper right-side of the screen when you view an individual article's abstract.
To see more information about all the articles
- Use the Summary drop down to change the Format to Abstract for all the articles in the results set. The Find @ UNC button will be at the bottom of each abstract.
Use the Find @ UNC button to go to the online article. When you are off-campus you will be prompted to enter your Onyen / Password the first time you go to a full-text article.
When the article is not online via Find @ UNC, a page with other ways to get the article is displayed.
- look for print in the UNC Libraries' catalog
- check for free access with Google Scholar or the Google Scholar Button browser add-in (available for Chrome or Firefox)
- request from another library via Interlibrary Loan
- ask us for help
It is always worth trying a quick Google search to see if the article is freely available. Find @ UNC is not able to point to all of those and we are consistently surprised by what we find freely available online.
Find @ UNC
Click on the button in database results to:
- Go directly to most online articles
- Export article citations to Endnote or to formats for other reference managers
- Use Google Scholar or the Google Scholar Button browser add-in to find free full text.
- Search the UNC-CH Library Catalog to find the print journal
- Send an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request if the journal is not owned by UNC-CH
On Campus Access: Electronic resources are accessible on-campus. Faculty, students and staff must register personal laptops and mobile devices with UNC-Chapel Hill ITS.
UNC Hospitals Access: Always use links from Library websites. Onyen log-in is required when you first select the resource. Note: UpToDate is available within EPIC.
Off Campus Access: Always use links from Library websites. Onyen log-in is required when you first select the resource. Most electronic resources are accessible off-campus to students, faculty, and staff, including UNC Hospitals' staff.