This guide provides information on how to access and use GIS software. Much of this information is about licensed products, therefore it is geared towards current affiliates of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Information is organized in the following sections:
- GIS Software - provides information on where and how to access and install popular GIS software at UNC.
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) - provides information on how to access GIS software through the Virtual Computing Lab.
- Online Mapping Tools - links to selected tools.
- GIS Training - provides information about online and in-person GIS training opportunities.
- FAQ - provides answers to frequently asked questions and resources for GIS troubleshooting.
For help finding data sources for your project, please see our Course Guide for GIS Class.