Barbara Rochen Renner, PhD
Allied Health Sciences Guides
- All Allied Health Sciences-Related Guides,
- A History of the Creation of the Department of Allied Health Sciences at UNC-Chapel Hill,
- Allied Health Sciences Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants & Awards,
- Barbara's Basics for Allied Health Sciences,
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Molecular Diagnostic Science,
- Clinical Rehabilitation & Mental Health Counseling,
- Community Engaged Research Posters & Infographics,
- Database Tips,
- Implicit Bias Resources,
- Music Therapy (UNC Hospitals),
- Occupational Therapy/Occupational Science,
- Physical Therapy,
- Physician Assistant,
- Radiologic Science,
- Recreational Therapy (UNC Hospitals),
- Rehabilitation Counseling & Psychology (see Clinical Rehabilitation & Mental Health Counseling)
- Sleep Medicine & Neurodiagnostics,
- Speech-Language Pathology,
- Writing in the Health Health Sciences: a resource for faculty and students
Copyright © Robert Ladd Photographs
Welcome to the Department of Allied Health Sciences
Copyright © Robert Ladd Photographs
- UNC Division of Occupational Science & Occupational ThearpyThe Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy is one of seven divisions within the Department of Allied Health Sciences in the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The division offers a Master of Science program in Occupational Therapy as well as a PhD in Occupational Science. The division also conducts multiple research, clinical, and service projects through our faculty collaborations.
- Division of Physician Assistant StudiesNew January, 2016.
And now for something completely different...
Preceptor Welcome to the Health Sciences LibraryFor UNC-Chapel Hill Allied Health Sciences preceptors. From the 2021 Clinical Preceptor Appreciation Event (CPAE). Welcome to the Health Sciences Library (via your AHEC Digital Library/ADL membership). How to access discipline specific library resources and how to get assistance with your ADL account.
Your Scholarly Impact: H-Index, Altmetrics, ORCID, and MorePresented at the Department of Allied Health Sciences Faculty Meeting, February 14, 2020.
"Implicit biases are discriminatory biases based on implicit attitudes or implicit stereotypes. Implicit biases are especially intriguing, and also especially problematic, because they can produce behavior that diverges from a person's avowed or endorsed beliefs or principles."
Greenwald, Anthony G., and Linda Hamilton Krieger. "Implicit Bias: Scientific Foundations." California Law Review 94, no. 4 (2006): 945-67. doi:10.2307/2043905
Promoting Diversity & Inclusion in Research
Promoting Diversity & Inclusion in Teaching & Learning
Writing in the Health Sciences: a resource for faculty and students
Focuses on resources for master's and professional doctorate students and their teachers.
Qualitative (& Mixed Methods) Research Resources
Find sources of qualitative training & support at UNC. Learn about resources for how to search for and evaluate qualitative research, integrate qualitative research into systematic reviews, report/publish qualitative research, and more. Includes some Mixed Methods resources.
So You Want to Be a Librarian?
This fun, colorful guide is aimed at high school students and undergraduates. But, anyone can use this guide to learn more about the library profession and why libraries are so awesome.
Appreciative Inquiry & Positive Psychology Resources
This guide is an outgrowth of the three-day Strengthening Faculty Voice through Appreciative Inquiry workshop for the UNC faculty, sponsored by Carolina’s Office of Faculty Governance, Center for Faculty Excellence, and Institute for the Arts and Humanities, originally held May 19-21, 2010, Chapel Hill, NC.
Alternative Academic Careers (ALTAC) Guide
Altac (or Alt-ac) is a term coined around 2010, referring to two post-PhD career tracks, most often the first:
- non-teaching positions inside academia
- research or administrative positions in the public or private sectors outside academia.
This guide has resources about Alternative Academic (Altac or Alt-ac) Careers and resources for developing Altac careers.
Poster Design Resources
- Poster Design ResourcesIncludes where to get posters printed.
- Community Engaged Research Posters & InfographicsResources for designing posters and infographics to present Community-Based/Community- Engaged Research to non-academic audiences.
(Allied) Health Sciences Liaison
- Barbara's Profile
- HSL News/Features
- All (Allied) Health Sciences & Related Guides
- Alternative Academic Careers (ALTAC) Guide
- Appreciative Inquiry & Positive Psychology Resources
- Sciwheel Guide
- Fogarty Global Health Fellowship Poster Resources
- Implicit Bias Resources
- Qualitative Research Resources
- So You Want to Be a Librarian?
- Writing in the Health Sciences
Health Sciences Library
335 S. Columbia Street Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585
(Google Maps for directions)
- Last Updated: Feb 11, 2023 1:56 PM
- URL: https://guides.lib.unc.edu/BRR