Basic Bioinformatics Tools Workshops
Registration Now Open for the first half of the fall 2023 Basic Bioinformatics Tools (BBT) Workshop Series: Register to attend the workshops open for registration below. Additional workshops listed as TBA will be opened for registration later this semester.
NOTE: If you are a UNC affiliate, you can access Zoom recordings and class materials from past workshops with an ONYEN via the Basic Bioinformatics Tools Workshops site on UNC Sakai. You may use these resources to review selected recordings to complete the prerequisites for the live workshops you register to attend OR to work through the content on your own.
Email me if you would like to be added to the list to receive announcements about future workshops.
Introduction to the UNIX Shell: A Six Workshop Sequence:
1. UNIX Shell Basics 1 9/18/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details
2. UNIX Shell Basics 2 9/20/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details
3. Working with Files 9/25/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details
4. Useful Tools and Pipes 10/2/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details
5. Loops and Scripts 10/4/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details
6. Introduction to Slurm 10/9/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details
Registration now open for the remaining workshops in the fall 2023 BBT Workshop Series.
Introduction to Bioinformatics Basics: A Six Workshop Sequence
The six-workshop Introduction to Bioinformatics Basics sequence builds on and requires as prerequisites the six workshops in the Introduction to the UNIX Shell sequence offered earlier this semester. These workshops will also all be held in person in HSL 329.
7. Intro to Bioinformatics Basics: Quality Control and Trimming 10/23/2023, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, HSL 329 Details