Classes and Workshops
Basic Bioinformatics Tools Workshops - Fall 2021
HOLD THE DATES: Registration opening in mid-October for:
Browsing Genes and Genomes with Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes (Online via Zoom) will be held over 2 half-days: Tuesday, 11/16/2021 and Wednesday 11/17/2021, 9:00am - 1:00pm each day.
REGISTER to attend the Fall 2021 workshop offerings open for registration below.
NOTE:These classes fill quickly. Seats that open up when registrants cancel will be offered to those on the waitlist in order of registration. REGISTER ONLY if you plan to ATTEND the live workshop and are willing to review any missed prerequisite content.
Alternatively, if you are a UNC affiliate, you can access Zoom recordings and class materials from past workshops with an ONYEN via the Basic Bioinformatics Tools Workshops site on UNC Sakai. You may use these resources to review selected recordings to complete the prerequisites for the live workshops you register to attend OR to work through the content on your own.
Email me if you would like to be added to the list to receive announcements about future workshops.
Introduction to the UNIX Shell: A Six Workshop Sequence:
1. UNIX Shell Basics 1 (Online via Zoom) 9/13/2021, 2:00pm - 3:00pm Details |
2. UNIX Shell Basics 2 (Online via Zoom) 9/15/2021, 2:00pm - 3:00pm Details |
3. Working with Files (Online via Zoom) 9/22/2021, 2:00pm - 3:00pm Details |
4. Useful Tools and Pipes (Online via Zoom) 9/27/2021, 2:00pm - 3:00pm Details |
5. Loops and Scripts (Online via Zoom) 9/29/2021, 2:00pm - 3:00pm Details |
6. Introduction to Slurm (Online via Zoom) 10/6/2021, 2:00pm - 3:00pm Details |
Introduction to Bioinformatics Basics: A Five Workshop Sequence
This five-workshop Introduction to Bioinformatics Basics sequence builds on and requires as prerequisites the six workshops in the Introduction to the UNIX Shell sequence offered earlier this semester.