Current Awareness Tools
About RSS Feeds and Readers
Why use RSS?
By using RSS you can stay on top of the news and information you need without using your e-mail system and without repeatedly checking multiple Web sites to see if they have been updated.
What can RSS feeds do for you?
- Use an RSS feed to pull new content from a variety of websites and databases
- Read consolidated continuously updated content without going back to the original sources
How to use RSS feeds
- Set up an RSS feed reader (see links to commonly used readers below)
- Subscribe to a feed by looking for the RSS feed icon on a journal page, database, blog, or website and copying the URL provided into your feed reader
- Most feed readers will search websites for feeds by website name even when this icon is not on the page
- For some blogs you can just copy the URL of the blog and post that into the feed reader
Commonly Used RSS Readers
Web only reader
Mobile / Web readers: