Geriatric Practice: Home
About this Guide
This resource collection was developed by the Health Sciences Library for students and practitioners dealing with geriatric populations. Explore your area of interest by clicking on the tabs along the top of the guide.
Table of Contents
- Portals: Geriatrics websites for practioners/students rich in information or links to useful resources. Includes links to professional organizations.
- Core Sources: Core general health information sources & databases for practitioners/students. Instructions on accessing geriatrics information are given.
- Journals: Find print and electronic journals owned by UNC and browse our list of selected geriatrics & gerontology journals.
- Books & Videos: Find print and electronic books owned by UNC and use premade catalog searches for a variety of geriatrics topics. Along with video/DVDs owned by UNC and browse an annotated list of selected geriatrics & gerontology videos.
- Consumer Health: Web resources especially for the public.
- Research: Pages specifically of interest to those conducting geriatrics research.
- UNC Centers & Programs: Links to geriatrics related programs and departments at UNC.
- Tutorials & Guides: For those looking to learn more about finding health information related to certain subjects.
If you know content that would make a useful addition to this guide, please let us know!
On Campus Access: Electronic resources are accessible on-campus. Faculty, students and staff must register personal laptops and mobile devices with UNC Chapel Hill ITS.
UNC Hospitals Access: Always use links from Library websites. Onyen log-in is required when you select the first resource. Note: UpToDate is available within EPIC.
Off Campus Access: Always use links from Library websites. Onyen log-in is required when you select the first resource. Most electronic resources are accessible off-campus to students, faculty, and staff, including UNC Hospitals' staff.