This guide provides a starting point for research about LGBTQ community, life, and history at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. While secondary sources and other collections outside UNC-Chapel Hill can be found in the Additional Resources tab, the focus of this guide is to feature research materials from UNC's Wilson Special Collections Library.
Subjects covered by this guide:
- Getting Started - this section features a timeline and some general resources to consider exploring for LGBTQ history and life at Carolina.
- Campus Offices and Curriculum - this section features special collections material about UNC-Chapel Hill LGBTQ offices, resources, and teaching curriculum.
- Student Organizations - this section features special collections materials about LGBTQ student groups and organizations at Carolina.
- Community - this section features materials revealing a broader view of LGBTQ history and community across the Triangle, and in some cases, the state and region.
- Additional Resources - this section lists opportunities for further research.
- Registering and Requesting Materials - this page provides details about visiting Wilson Special Collections Library at UNC-Chapel Hill.