Find @ UNC in PubMed
When you retrieve more than one article, the Find @ UNC button does not appear in PubMed's default display.
To see more information about an individual article:
- Click on the article title link to see an individual article's citation page.
- The Find @ UNC button is in the upper right-side of the screen when you view an individual article's abstract.
To see more information about all the articles
- Use the Summary drop down to change the Format to Abstract for all the articles in the results set. The Find @ UNC button will be at the bottom of each abstract.
Use the Find @ UNC button to go to the online article. When you are off-campus you will be prompted to enter your Onyen / Password the first time you go to a full-text article.
When the article is not online via Find @ UNC, a page with other ways to get the article is displayed.
- look for print in the UNC Libraries' catalog
- check for free access with Google Scholar or the Google Scholar Button browser add-in (available for Chrome or Firefox)
- request from another library via Interlibrary Loan
- ask us for help
It is always worth trying a quick Google search to see if the article is freely available. Find @ UNC is not able to point to all of those and we are consistently surprised by what we find freely available online.
Find @ UNC Other Options
When the Find @ UNC page informs you that we do not have online access to an article, scroll to the bottom of that page.
- Look to see if the page gives you another option, such as "Online Open Access"
- Look for the article in a print journal in the UNC-CH libraries
- Request it from another library via Interlibrary Loan
Search the Library Catalog
Search for the journal title in libraries' catalog
- Click on "Look for this in print in the UNC Libraries" at the bottom of the Find @ UNC page.
- Or go directly to the catalog to search for a journal. Use the full name of the journal, not the abbreviation.
In search results, select the journal, magazine, or periodical resource type filter option.
On the page for the journal:
- Select Latest Received to see all recent issues that are still unbound.
- Select +Expand to see a list of all bound volumes.
Journals in the Health Sciences Library are shelved alphabetically by title, 1990 and more recent are on the 4th floor and older than 1990 are in the basement.
You can order an electronic copy of any print article. Use the Interlibrary Loan form.