You can also save your search strategy itself. Consider saving your search strategy whenever you want to:
- Return to the same search later
- Receive email alerts with new articles on that particular topic or from particular journals.
To save a search:
- Enter the search in the search box
- Click the Create Alert link under the search box
Saved searches are stored in My NCBI:
- When you select Save Search, you will be prompted to sign in to My NCBI if you are not already signed in.
- Once you have signed in to My NCBI, the Saved Search Setting page appears with options to name the search and set up an email alert. You can choose whether or not to receive alerts on your saved search and how often those alerts arrive.
Return to your saved search in My NCBI:
- To run or modify your saved search, click on the My NCBI Sign In link at the very top of the right hand side of the PubMed page. After you sign in, click on your user name next to the My NCBI Sign Out to access your stored content.
For information about My NCBI or to learn how to create a My NCBI account go to the My NCBI page in this guide.