Allied Health Sciences Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants, & Awards
Although this gude was orginially developed for Allied Health Sciences students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), much of the content is useful for a broad range of students, soon-to-be-students, and alumni, no matter their discipline or college/university.
- Content that applies just to matriculated UNC students is clearly identified.
- At the request of pre-matriculation students and of alumni, additional information has been added for these two groups.
- The latest addition is a special tab for librarians and others interested in things that libraries and librarians are doing to assist in this important area.
I hope you find this guide to be useful.
Words of Wisdom to Guide Your Search
- Start Early
- Stay Organized (and keep a calendar of deadlines)
- Read eligibility criteria carefully
- Meet all deadlines
- Give them exactly what they ask for
- In the format requested
- Well-organized and well-thought out
- Make it easy for the reviewers
- Do not make them "work for it"
- Be clear and specific in applications and essays about how you meet the criteria/why you fit the funding opportunity
- Address each funding opportunity individually with specific, personal information
- Be personal and relatable: make them want to choose you!
- Respond to follow-up requests promptly
- Large scholarships and awards often have a large ratio of applicants to awards--go ahead and apply, but remember that several smaller scholarships and awards can quickly add up, too
- Follow up with donors and others (as appropriate) with thank you notes, quick reports of your progress, and in other ways as requested
- This will help your reputation and Carolina's!
Financial Management for UNC Students
Get your free copy before you leave Carolina!
This is a book sized document and takes a bit of time to download. If you have trouble when you are off campus, try again when you are on campus.