What is in this guide?
This research guide is designed to assist researchers in investigating the subject of agriculture in North Carolina. It covers the pre-colonial era to the 20th century and contains subtopics such as women in agriculture, farmers' markets, and the North Carolina State Fair. This guide does not include all of the titles about North Carolina agriculture in the collection, but is intended to provide good starting points for research.
- History of NC Agriculture - resources on the history of agriculture in North Carolina
- Crops & Livestock - resources on the major crops and livestock of North Carolina
- Social Issues - resources at the intersection of agriculture and social issues in North Carolina
- Education & Agritourism - resources on agriculture education and agritourism in North Carolina
- General Resources - general resources on North Carolina agriculture
This guide was prepared by Erin Griffin in the fall of 2009 and updated by Tyler Gilmore in the summer of 2013.
Image from "The Story of Tobacco by Bayard Wootten"
North Carolina Collection Photographic Archives
North Carolina Collection