Medical Student Resources: Clinical Resources for Medical Students
Search to find articles, many with links to full-text.
Clinical Decision Support and Core Online Books
Other Useful Resources
Clinical Specialties Guides
Medical Student Tutorials
Critical Appraisal Checklist
Determining the Validity of Resources - Critical Appraisal
Ask these questions as you review resources...
- What year was the publication published?
- What journal/resource has published this resource? Have you heard of this research?
- What institution is connected to the author(s)?
- Does this study address a clearly focused question?
- Does this study add anything new?
- What type of study is this research? (randomized controlled trial, cohort study, retrospective study, systematic review?
- Did the study use valid methods to address this question?
- Was the study design appropriate for the research question?
- How many subjects were used in this research?
- Were the statistical analysis performed correctly?
- What are the biases or other considerations that influenced the research results?
- Are there any conflicts of interest?
Critical appraisal process: step-by-step.Timm DF, Banks DE, McLarty J. South Med J. 2012 Mar;105(3):144-8. doi: 10.1097/SMJ.0b013e31824a711f. Review. PMID: 22392210